So I was reading Pyromanics and I found this little comment made by another blogger. She said:
I think I'm having a serious "duh" moment here.
But basically, if we affirm that scripture is TOTALLY sufficient for knowing the will of God - then praying for any knd of sign to know what God's will is in a certain situation is actually wrong, isn't it?
Now... isn't THAT something to think about? SERIOUSLY?
More on this next time...
well..in my opinion, the affirmation "that scripture is TOTALLY sufficient for knowing the will of God" and really knowing God's will, are 2 separate issues to deal with. The bible hold all the truth there is, but men can still be blind to them. wat's wrong with asking for directions to this truths?
ReplyDeleteI think you're asking something different from what I posted...
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing wrong with seeking Godly counsel that points one back to God and His Word. However, there's a difference between doing that and asking God to give me a sign that would somehow reveal His will for me in such-and-such a situation.
He has spoken and He still speaks thru His Word... that's where we ought to go to.
i see...i understand already. yupz i agree with u in this =)
ReplyDelete